Monday, September 20, 2010

Little Things

John, after being told there were no seconds available, "Mooooooommmmm, I am a hungry man!"

Katie found me while I was getting ready this weekend. With sad eyes and drooping shoulders she told me she accidentally broke Daddy's measuring tape. When I asked her where it was she told me it was under the bed because she was worried that I might get mad. On the inside I giggled - I cannot get angry at a little one who instinctively hides something that she knows will cause trouble for her yet comes immediately to tell me about it.

Claire has always been fearless. Or maybe she has extreme trust in me and Spence. She will dive off the stairs at us without warning. She climbs places I wouldn't dare, nor would any of the other kids at her age. She amazes me. I aspire to have her sense of security and faith.

Allison is giving all of her toys away, one at a time. She does it with a happy spirit in hopes of passing joy along to others and she doesn't miss them. I neither encourage nor discourage it. She is the same little girl who would give all of her chocolate to Katie and John long before her second birthday. She is a born sharer. Hmmm... I have many lessons to learn from all of the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment