
I asked Katie and John what kind of party they wanted this year. John made plans. Lots of plans. He drew his cake, in great detail, from two different angles. He declared the cake flavor - rocky road brownie and cheesecake in alternate layers. He chose the theme - monster truck. Tomorrow we will see how well I execute John's plan. Stay tuned.
Katie asked for a surprise party. I am not sure of her motivations. Did she not want to take the time to plan it? Did she have a hard time making a choice? Did she really just want a surprise? Who knows?!?!?!?!?!
So... Tonight while Katie was across the loop at a friend's house, Spence and I set out the cupcakes (made to match the ones in Pinkalicious), blew up balloons, set out Build-a-Bear kits and hid a dozen squealing girls under our table. SURPRISE!!! She was thrilled to see all her friends. We read Pinkalicious, opened the bear kits - and quickly closed them back up to be done at home (tricky buggers), ate cupcakes and generally acted silly. Birthday success!
No comments:
Post a Comment