At 9 this morning I started the last minute prep for John's party that was set to kick off at 10. At 9.59 I was working on the last three balloons and breathing a sigh of relief as I heard Spence and John pull into the garage with the cake, when I looked over at Claire - just in time to watch her lose her breakfast all over herself and the living room. FRANTIC shout to Spence. Claire to bath. Chair to basement. Guests arrive. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Deep breath.
Kids arrived, parents were warned, and the party started. John's cake looked just like he described to the cake lady. The monster truck race was a great success. The giant Monster Jam cutout was tons of fun...
And here I am, not yet at mid-December, both birthday parties done, Christmas cards in the mail and my Christmas list almost checked off. Relaxed sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment