Friday, July 2, 2010

My Weakness

Lack of sleep. Especially when it is combined with interrupted morning sleep. I get my most restful bits of sleep during those hours just before and as the sun is rising. Without it I spend much of the day talking myself into being patient and polite, particularly with the kids. Of course, I cannot explain that to a 5 year old. Well, I can (and I have tried); it just doesn't seem to do any good. John is an early riser. It doesn't matter if I put him to bed at 6.30 or 10.30. He is up around 6.30 in the morning. Unfortunately for me and my sweet demeanor our move to Kansas meant a time change. 6.30 is now 5.30. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After telling John too many times this morning that we would start our day at 7 I heard click.click.click.click. Oh yes, I knew what that sound was. A few moments later he asked again if we could start our day. When I reminded him that 7 is the magic hour he said, "Look Mom, I changed the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment