Walking around post this morning I thought...
1. The wildlife is quite comfortable here. Twice I was within a foot or two of birds. The second time I actually moved out of their way. :)
2. I don't envy the young soldiers out doing their PT tests. I sure was amused as I listened to the NCO bark out the instructions. It brought back many memories.
3. I am fascinated by the fact that Kansas public schools offers a K-12 homeschool option.
4. Most runners, walkers and bikers out in the wee hours of the morning are my age or older.
5. Reveille, which I haven't heard in years, doesn't play as early as it seemed when I was being forced awake for it in my Army days.
6. Best case scenario: It is still possible to receive our HHG shipment and drive together as a family to the beach - on time!
Only an army girl would know how to spell "reveille". GREAT Scrabble word -- or is is a proper name? hmmmm.... I set up a Blogger account, just so I could "follow" you!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. your gift is coming -- probably 2 weeks more.