Friday, October 1, 2010

Fascination

That is what it is. Fascination. I am fascinated by my kids. The way they learn, the way they socialize, the way they play, they way they -everything!
Katie was in tears yesterday because her math lesson wasn't sticking.
John wants to solve everything - where the treadmill will best fit, how to make the best cereal and what to do with the loads of scrap paper we have after cutting paper for 20 minutes.
Allison has a lot of energy. Really. A lot. Her pre-k teacher says so too! She is still a great sharer. She will give away anything and she won't cry about it later. We could all learn a lesson from her.
Claire is 2 1/2 going on 7 - or 17. Her teacher called her mature and a leader. Interesting. Today she led herself right out my door and over to the neighbor's for a play date. She also managed to climb on top of my counters, reach onto the highest cabinet shelf and get down the jar of lollipops. When she asked for an M&M tonight I picked one out and told her she had to name the color. She had a few right. Then I picked up the yellow one. She pondered for a moment. She obviously wasn't sure and she was unwilling to guess wrong. So to my, "What color is this?" she confidently responded, "It is my favorite color!"
I should write a book about my observations. Instead, I will go to sleep and dream visions of little girls in Matilda Jane!

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, you inspire me to want to think deeper about my kids. How you differentiate each one of their gifts right now is amazing. I'm sure understanding that will help maximize their strengths as they grow. They are great kids!

    How did your Matilda Jane show go??

    ReplyDelete