'They' say that we, humans, learn more in the first five years of life than we learn in all of the rest of our lives combined. From birth until kindergarten we go from wee ones who know only to pee, cry, eat and sleep to big kids who walk, talk, do simple math and are starting to read.
'They' are wrong. I've learned more in my first five years as the mama to wee ones than I learned in my first years on earth. I've learned...
Patience. (And I'm still working on it.)
The importance of trusting God. (Yep, still working on that one too.)
Spence is an incredible husband. (I knew it before, I recognize more often now.)
How to eat well.
How to clean. (Though I can't get ahead of the laundry curve.)
The joy of the little moments.
The importance of celebrating the little moments.
The value of exercising. (Now I need to act on that knowledge.)
That there is a wonderful community of friends who will lift me up.
To let it all go when it seems like too much.
To be thankful in all situations.
That not meeting my goals doesn't mean I've failed. It means I need to reset my goals.
That I can do it alone, and that I don't want to.
My family makes everything worth it.
That I have so much more to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment