
A year ago Claire caught a preview for the movie, Happy Feet, when the older kids were watching March of the Penguins. She fell in love! She requests Happy Feet everything and almost daily she asks if it is time for her Happy Feet birthday. Um, no... January is a long way off! Yesterday we went to a street festival in Lawrence, Kansas. A balloon artist was there making hats, swords and puppies for the kids.
Balloon guy to Claire - What would you like?
Claire, with great excitement - HAPPY FEET!
Balloon guy - What is it that you would like?
Allison, translating for Claire - She would like a penguin.
Balloon guy - Ah, yes. A Happy Feet penguin. I can do that.
Claire was thrilled. Admittedly, so was I. I love seeing that kind of joy on the faces of my children. Luckily a local news photographer was there to catch the moment for me. (Because we all know I didn't have my camera with me!)
No comments:
Post a Comment